Monday, February 1, 2016

2015 has taught me...

Just like everyone, each year has taught me something different. I believe that this year has really taught me some things that the years before have not. Not only because I graduated and become a College girl or because I'm now in a sorority. I know that those do play into it but I think it goes beyond more than that.
1. It's okay to be average or to not exceed in some things.
I have had some difficult classes this year in College and my family and friends have taught me that it is okay that I am not excelling in that one subject. I have learned that and am fully aware that I am alright even if I'm not perfect in one subject.
2. To cut people out.
This year has been different because the transition between High School and College is difficult and I have definitely lost some friends along the way. I've lost people who I thought we would always be friends with. I've learned that you don't need fake or temporary friends, you need friends who build you up not tear you down or use you.
3. To become confident.
Every Monday I have to wear Pin attire for the Sorority and Wednesday's I have to wear our letters, and I learned that no matter what I wear I should feel confident and feel beautiful. I remember one specific Wednesday, the Wednesday after big/little reveal, I wore the shirt my big gave me and it was a snug shirt and I am use to big shirts now so I wore it anyways. I also wore skinny jeans and ankle heels and I felt very out of place because I am not use to stuff like that but being around my friends they helped me to feel confident and told me that I looked good in that outfit. Being surrounded by my new friends have helped me become a little bit confident.
4. Family is important.
Being an hour and a half away from home may not seem long but for a girl who has only been away from home is a week it's pretty hard. Every time I come home I know how important each and every second is with my family, and I cherish it all.
5. To be independent.
Being away from home has definitely taught me how to become independent. I have learned how to "adult" and have quickly learned I am best suited for the child life. I have been to the grocery store and have bought my own groceries by myself and have cooked some things. I remember that last year it was really hard for me to get up by myself either my mom or brother had to wake me up to go to school but this year I have learned to wake up on my own and not rely on anyone to help wake me up.
6. To stick up for myself.
In the past I have let people walk all over me and I have just accepted it, but not anymore. I have learned if I don't like something then I can stop it instantly. I had a friend last year who did not treat me right and coming into College I have tried to stick up for myself and with the new friends I am surrounded by I have learned that sticking up for myself is something important.
7. Cutting people out of your life is okay and sometimes needed.
I have cut some people out of my life this year and have not looked back. It is important to get rid of the negative people in your life, you just need people who will build you up not tear you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment