Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Hey you!

Hey you,

The person who is stuck. Stuck somewhere trying to slowly climb out of the hole that is embracing you or trying to climb the tall mountain that just terrifies you. You are stuck somewhere, maybe half way, maybe at the very top but you don't know it yet because you can't see the end point, or maybe you just started. This is for you.


First I just want you to know that you are amazing. I know you hear it all the time, "You are going to get through *insert obstacle* and be better for it."

Okay, yes I know you are going to get through it, you know you are going to get through it-because Suicide is not our answer. Okay? Let me say that again-SUICIDE IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Now, for you who thinks the world is stacked against them. It may feel like that truly and honestly I understand. I hear you loud and clear; yell, scream, cry. Do whatever you want listen to loud music, dance crazy around your room, run two miles, cry for hours, travel and act like a new person each place you go. I get it life is hard, but that's life. I'm sorry that life is hard for you, I am. But lets take a minute and step back to take a breather.

Breathe in. 1. 2. 3. Okay, now think about everything, all your accomplishments. I will list a few off for you and while you are reading each object think about it if it has ever happened remember that time remember the memories and experiences.

1. You got your first bike.

2. You saved up your own money to buy something.

3. You made a new friend.

4. You got an A on a test.

5. You met a girl/boy friend.

6. It was a nice day outside so you couldn't help grabbing an ice cream and just watching the clouds go by.

7. Going to the park.

8. Swimming.

9. Graduating.

10. Getting your first job.

11. Singing in the shower.

12. Playing with animals.

13. Watching your favorite movie.

The list can go on forever, but I just want you to read those lists. Remember what each of those things did and the good, or bad, memories that came out of those experiences. You made it, right? You made it even though one time you got an F when you thought you at least made a B. You fell off your brand new bike but you kept trying. The ice cream was melting quicker than you could eat it but it was still delicious and yet you still continued to eat it.

Yes, these are small acts but look at you! You did it. You did whatever small tiny obstacle that was and I just want you to know I am proud of you. I am proud that you got out of bed today, I am proud you brushed your teeth, I am proud you brushed your hair. I am proud that you decided to finish an obstacle today. Whether you did or did not do something I am proud of you.

More often times than not I get angry with myself, "You made a B when you could have made an A if you studied harder." "Why didn't you workout harder maybe you would be skinnier." "You have no friends because you are mean."

The list goes on trust me. But I am learning to be proud of myself and the person I see in the mirror. I challenge you to do that as well. I challenge you to look yourself in the mirror and say "Life is tough but I am tougher, I have been through so much already and this mountain will not defeat me. I know my worth and this is not the end of it. I have to keep going, keep walking, keep pushing until my mountain is climbed. Then when the mountain is climbed and I can see the trees, valleys, water, and more down below I will take a breath. I will soak this beautiful view in, and then I will walk back down the Mountain to find a new mountain to tackle."

Just because you have finished climbing One Mountain does not mean you can stop and quit, no keep pushing keep fighting. There is always something new and better you can do, find it and do it.

I want you to know, you are going to be okay. I believe in you and I am proud of even the smallest accomplishments you have overcome. You and I alike are human and we will get through this. Yes, Life is hard, yes you might want to give up and walk back down the mountain with your body drenched in sweat gasping for cleaner air and water. But just you wait when you get to the other side there will be fresher air and cleaner water. Now embrace your awesomeness and continue to climb. Take 5 minute breaks every now-and-then but never give up. You are too good to give up.

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment